PR / Publicity
- : Los Angeles
Edelman Digital is in search of a mid-level digital and social media expert with experience handling social media for gaming entertainment brands, to join our award-winning Los Angeles office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your digital and social media expertise to help shape the direction of one of the world’s largest global gaming entertainment franchises.
Edelman Digital is the digital and social media arm of Edelman, the world’s largest independent PR firm. We are more than 600 full-time professionals from around the globe, focused on the intersection of culture, commerce and digital media. Our primary mission: to help brands use digital and social tools to engage markets in ways that lead to improved relevance, affinity, preference, and ultimately, revenue. We’re proud to be the only PR agency listed in the Ad Age top 10 agencies of the decade, and in 2012, the Holmes Report named us digital agency of the year.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibit solid understanding of key client information including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services offered, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Lead client meetings and conference calls
- Act as day-to-day contact for mid and senior level clients and be responsible for flawless execution of complex social communications strategies, web builds and various other projects
- Help develop and execute social and digital strategies, within the confines of related budgets
- Lead blogger and influencer engagement
- Social media marketing program management (e.g., web sites, online contests, viral campaigns, online video creation, product seeding, etc.)
- Prepare and/or review various client-facing deliverables including, activity & status reports, strategies, plans, research audits, etc.
- Build and develop a team by mentoring, coaching, educating and managing your direct reports
- Experience leading accounts focused on social strategy and online community management, with an emphasis on social media channels is a must
- Experience in video game marketing and product launches is preferred - A deep understanding of the role that social and digital media plays in a client’s communication mix
- Experience developing and executing social marketing campaigns
- A solid understanding of online media and the ability to educate others about it effectively
- A solid grasp of all basic public relations and marketing tools, and how they affect the client
- Excellent communication skills and experience providing sound counsel and recommendations to mid and senior level clients and staff
- Solid research, writing and editing skills
- A firm understanding of online media outreach assignments and the ability to apply experience and initiative in developing appropriate online media strategies
- Previous experience with search engine marketing and web site builds
- At least 4-6 years of agency or relevant experience, including management of at least one digital embassy – preferably in the gaming/entertainment space
ABOUT EDELMAN:Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 66 offices and more than 4,500 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its “2012 Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), A&R Edelman (technology), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job